If you’re in the mood for burgers or have ever come across Lucky Buns on your travels in Washington DC or Baltimore, your best bet is to head to Carousel Fitzrovia next month, as the American burger brand is about to open its 12-seat incubator space. regularly hosts guest chefs from all over the world.
This will be Lucky Buns’ first opening outside the US since its inception in 2017, and they’ll be filling their buns from noon to late, six days a week, on the spot vacated by Mumbai’s Goila Butter Chicken.
In addition to their usual fare of burgers and wings, they’re expected to also pay a tasteful tribute to the UK burger scene (whether that means a Platinum Jubilee Burger, we’re not sure). You can expect:
- Mumbo Nugs: crispy fried buttermilk chicken nuggs, spicy Thai chili mumbo sauce, fried peppers, peanuts, crispy garlic, spicy salad
- Dirty Cadillac Nachos: Angelina’s braised pinto beans, crispy tortilla chips, dive bar green chile queso, three kinds of salsa, cotija cheese, charred jalapeño creama
- ‘Lucky Bun’: double beef patties, Gouda cheese, Lucky sauce, arugula, charred red onion, house dill pickle
- Bogan Run: double beef patties, Gouda cheese, streaky bacon, bacon XO jam
- Hot Tiger Bun: crispy fried chicken thigh, spicy AF habanero-Szechuan chili oil, buttermilk ranch, Chinese mustard, shaved onion, house dill pickles
- Loco Moco Fries: with Hawaiian curry gravy
You can wash it all down with classic cocktails in a space slightly revamped in line with Lucky Buns’ American locations. Expect a nighttime dive bar with summer beach vibes and twinkling lights and vibrant neon signs.
More about Lucky Buns at Carousel
Where is it? 23 Charlotte Street, London W1T 1RL
When does it open? June 23, 2022
Find out more: Visit the Lucky Buns website or the Carousel website or follow them on Instagram @carousel_ldn†
Sign up to be the first to know about Hot Dinners news