South Australia police are looking for witnesses to a serious attack in north Adelaide last month in which a man was allegedly beaten with a golf club.
Most important points:
- A man was found lying on Peacock Road on April 22 with serious head injuries
- Yesterday, police charged a 40-year-old man with attempted murder
- Police are looking for a golf club they say was used in the attack
A 59-year-old man was found unresponsive on Peacock Road in Elizabeth Downs about 11:30 p.m. on April 22 with serious head injuries.
He was rushed to the Royal Adelaide Hospital, where he remains in serious condition.
Yesterday police arrested a 40-year-old man from Globe Derby Park and charged him with aggravated serious criminal offenses and attempted murder.
He was remanded in custody after appearing before the Elizabeth Magistrates Court earlier today.
Police believe the attack took place near 38 Peacock Road before moving to a location 50 meters south of the same road.
They claim that the victim was attacked several times there by his attacker who was armed with a golf club.
It is unclear if the suspect and victim are known to each other, police said.
Today, about 30 members of the police and state emergency services searched an area of Globe Derby Park bordered by Ryans Road, Whites Road, Daniel Street and a trotting track looking for evidence.
According to the police, a baseball cap was found during the search, but it is not yet clear whether it has anything to do with the investigation.
They are calling on anyone who may have found a golf club, light-colored T-shirt with a black logo on the front, black pants, black shoes or a black baseball cap in or around Globe Derby Park to contact police.
They also want anyone who was in the following locations from 9:45 PM to midnight April 22 and may have CCTV or dashcam footage to contact Crime Stoppers:
- Peacock Road, Elizabeth Downs
- Atkinson Road, Elizabeth Downs
- Campbell Road, Elizabeth Downs
- Midway Road, Elizabeth Downs
- Hamblyn Road, Elizabeth Downs
- Gayland Road, Elizabeth Downs
- Daniel Road, Globe Derby Park
- Grayling Road, Globe Derby Park
- Alaba Crescent, Globe Derby Park
- Globe Derby Park General Area
Police said the accused man walked north along Atkinson Road after the alleged attack, before turning west through an alleyway and then back to Peacock Road.
They said he was last seen walking east on Campbell Road.
The suspect is due to appear in court again in August.