Speculation about the rumors of pro wrestling is a favorite pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors spreading around the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that: rumours. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestler rumor mill. We track the accuracy of rumors in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back which you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the day:
- Paul “Triple H” Levesque was in Orlando yesterday speaking at the WWE Performance Center, Post Wrestling’s John Pollock reports. pollock tweeted: “From the people I heard from, Levesque said ‘he’s back’ – it’s not known what that means, but that was the wording I got.”
- Bryan Alvarez confirmed the Triple H visit on Wrestling Observer Live, adding that WWE’s executive vice president of global talent strategy and development said he “was there for business reasons and he couldn’t say why yet.”
- Charlotte Flair is being advertised as the venue for the August 12 SmackDown, leading to speculation that Flair’s return could come after SummerSlam†
- According to PW Insider, Dewey Foley no longer works for WWE. The son of Mick, who has been a member of the creative team since 2016 and at one point was lead writer for 205 Livewould have resigned in April.
- Solo Sikoa told BT sports that WWE considered putting him on SmackDown with his brothers The Usos, but he wanted to establish his own identity, so they put him on NXT instead.
If you’ve heard any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be true.